Dennis V. Niven
About Dennis V. Niven
As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Global Managementy Accountant (CGMA) and financial manager, Dennis has 44 years of financial management experience with a wide range of companies. Fourteen years of developing the Emerging Business Services discipline for a “Big 4” CPA firm and heading up that practice in three states, seven years serving as Subsidiary Controller (large plant), Group Controller (worldwide) and CFO for one of America’s most profitable, acquisition-minded, middle market, public (NYSE) manufacturing companies, and eleven years of experience running his own part-time CFO consulting firm prior to joining this firm over twelve years ago has given Dennis the ability to bring world-class leadership to small to medium-sized businesses for a fraction of the cost of an employee.
As a CFO, Dennis specializes in rapid-growth and entrepreneurial companies with an eye on ethical business practices and moral thought and a continuing focus on bringing these benefits to his clients:
- Increased Company Value
- Increases Personal Wealth
- Reduced Stress
- More Free Time
- Solid Retirement Plan
- Security for Loved Ones
- Peace of Mind
- Reduced Cash Flow Worries
- Exit Strategy Plan
As a Certified Business Transition Expert, Dennis specializes in helping business owners determine how to successfully exit their businesses or grow their businesses by acquisition. Dennis co-authored the firm’s training material and personally trained over 210 of our partners in mergers & acqusitions.
As a Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA), Dennis manages Success Teams to ensure that the owner’s exit plans are followed. An intermediary on the buy or sell side, Dennis understands the intricate negotiations and considerations required to successfully complete a deal. Dennis is specifically trained in and understands the complexities of private capital markets and has a lot of success in finding financing for his clients. Dennis has completed 54 sales or acquisitions for his clients.
A highly creative individual, Dennis sees systems where others see unrelated objects. Dennis serves on the board of advisors for some of his clients, has been a CFO in a highly competitive industry, and always works closely with CEOs as a trusted, visionary and optimistic advisor. Whether your company is publicly or closely held, for-profit or not-for-profit, in a turn-around or a profit enhancement situation, Dennis has the ability to hit the ground running.
Above all, Dennis is exceptionally skilled at building personal relationships, maintains a positive mental attitude and lives with more and more gratitude every day.
Dennis returned to Arizona in 2005 from his years of experience in the Houston, Omaha and Chicago areas. Dennis and Becky, his wife of 44 years, enjoy continuous learning, relaxing in our motor home, amateur radio, riding Harleys and spending time with our son Chad, whom has a private law practice in Scottsdale, his wife Crysti (a public defender for Maricopa County) and our granddaughters, Ava Gabriella and Addison Grace.
- Morningside College
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Global Management Accountant
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor
- Certified Dale Carnegie Course Instructor
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Private Pilot, Instrument Rating
- Amateur Extra Class Radio licensee N1VEN
- Pinnacle Equity Solutions member
- American Institute of CPAs
- Arizona Society of CPAs
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- FENG (Financial Executives Networking Group)
- American Radio Relay League (Amateur Extra Class licensee)
- Harley Owners Group
- NRA Benefactor Life
- International Assn of Clergy
Articles by Dennis V. Niven
- B2B CFO Issues Call for Nominations for the “Smart 25 Awards™”
- Thoughts on the Tragedy in Newtown, CT
- The Crucial Monthly Close
- Best Practices for Accounts Receivable Process Collection
- Gotta love The Parker House (and Boston)!
- If Cash is King, then Working Capital is God
- MSSB and B2B CFO® Form Alliance
- A retrospect of my 39-years-and-counting career in accounting
- Salesmen and Saleswomen – Masters of Personal Relationships
- Strategic Planning – Rethinking the Process to Finally Get Results
- Horrid Writing
- Darned Credit Card!
- B2B CFO® wins ACE award
- Great Talent or a Great Team?
- Phoenix All-Star Game
- Stand Up To Cancer
- Recalling Senator Barry M. Goldwater in My Rifle Sights
- A Big Problem for Businesses Today – Immigration Compliance
- Coke Zero Tastes Like Coke? Give Me a Break!
- Scottsdale, Arizona Warning: “Cat’s Paw” Doctrine Big Problem for Employers
- Working Capital – The Precursor to Cash
- Best Practices Accounts Receivable Process Collection in Professional Service Firms
- DREAM Arguments Pull at Heartstrings But Ignore Commonsense
- B2B CFO® Wins 2010 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Illegal Immigration – Arizona Christian Perspective
- Small Business Act of 2010
- Testimonial – Arizona Society of CPAs
- B2B CFO® makes Inc. 500|5000 list
- Testimonial – Marix Servicing LLC
- Testimonial – Able Information Technologies, Inc.
- Testimonial – Perspectiva
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Breaking News – Things your CPA needs to consider NOW
- Congrats to the Comerican Bank Arizona Companies to Watch Contest Winners!